[DAY 114 OF THE DEEP END PROJECT]
We are all creatives.
All of us.
We are all also Artists.
Artists are Creatives.
Artists Create Art.
Your art can be music, painting, words, an outfit, a book, dance, a photograph, a video, an audio.
It can be something that hasn’t been named yet. Or invented yet.
When I embraced myself as a Creative, I wanted to be a better Creator.
From who I was 6 years ago.
6 months ago
6 weeks ago
6 days ago
There are many things I’ve learned in this process of betterment. I’m sharing 10 with you today:
- Build Streaks. Create every single day. Write daily. Make music daily. Meditate daily. Blog daily. Find your streak and maintain it.
- Tell your people about your streak so that you can stay accountable
- Forget shortcuts. Seek the path of least resistance
- Create for yourself
- And then find the smallest viable audience. It’s not for everyone. It’s for someone.
- Listen to the tugs of your soul & follow it
- Avoid the should’s or people who ask you to follow the should’s
- Embrace the sucky days. They are here for a reason. There’s a purpose to it
- Avoid attachment to the sunny (happy) days. The more attachment you have to them, the shorter they last. “Is just IS” is my mantra
- Protect your art. Don’t share it with people who are cynical of your work, your dreams and your art
Tell me, which one resonated, which one didn’t?